We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, pushing what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. The Strategy community works to develop transformative strategies to move businesses, people, and the world forward.
This role is the strategic driver in projects and programs. Working with Strategy Directors on client programs and leading content for smaller workstreams as part of larger programs, you will be responsible for helping to shape the pathway, leading the work and for managing and delivering workstreams.
We expect our Senior Strategists to drive the work by mastering their craft, solving complex problems, taking responsibility for the detail, embracing feedback and constant changes on projects. They are consistently proactive, accountable and responsive, instantly adapting to any situation.
You are responsible for:
- Conceiving, planning and managing key dimensions of our pillar projects
- Leading aspects of pitches
- Working across more than one project – up to three at any one time
- Bringing to bear the best of your experience so far. Plus an expectation that you’ll stay at the forefront of innovative new ideas about business and culture
- Helping clients with a very wide range of business, brand and organizational challenges—from direction setting, through employee experience, customer experience, learning and innovation
- Playing an active role in our vibrant Strategy community and helping us continually develop new tools and approaches to our work
- Progressing in your understanding and application of strategy as you work across Wolff Olins engagements
- Building your financial management experience, so that you can effectively manage engagements from a commercial point of view
- Building your leadership skills, so that you can mentor and guide those less senior than you
- Acting as an ambassador for Wolff Olins, both internally and externally
- Have built up a body of strategic insight and experience. Alternatively, you may be an entrepreneur in a fast-growth start-up or helping with the growth of an existing business.
- You will have a wide range of skills to help you manage client situations, conceive the right answer and help it come to life in the context of a client organisation.
- Be an effective communicator—in writing or person, you should be persuasive and articulate. You enjoy presenting and can clearly express your point of view. You listen to others and feel comfortable challenging convention with conviction
- Build long-lasting relationships—you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with your team and clients, with an interest in beyond transactional interactions to bringing everyone on the journey with you
- Show resilience—you should have the confidence to give clients the confidence to change. You work well under pressure and feel comfortable speaking and answering questions in a variety of settings and audiences. You are comfortable with ambiguity and disparate inputs and viewpoints
- Enjoy exploring the world—you should be in tune with the world at-large, with many subject interests. You seek to explore facts and dynamics, asking probing questions. You understand the logic behind arguments and seek solutions to problems and want to deliver impact
- Create innovative ideas—you enjoy studying the underlying forces at play and applying principles to create concepts. You should be inventive, imaginative, determined to discover or create news ideas and solutions for our clients
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.