Associate Creative Director
As a multi-discipline creative you will play a crucial role in our design community acting as a strong design lead on projects, inspiring our design community, and bringing a strong uncompromising creative point of view to the leadership of the business.
We expect our Associate Creative Directors to shape the project by skillfully navigating a broad range of brand and business issues and delivering consistently as the backbone of the team. They are hands-on and versatile: going deep into the work to ensure it has tangible impact, guiding and supporting others, providing resilience in the face of ambiguity and change.
You are responsible for:
- becoming the backbone of design on a project, being hands on while guiding the design team in shaping the design work from conception through to delivery
- supporting Senior Creative Directors on large, complex and multi streamed projects
- leading the Design work on smaller fast-paced projects
- playing an active role in leading the design thinking on smaller pitches
- being confident in understanding the strategy work and challenging thinking on how it could be activated in design
- transforming creative strategy into a singular, compelling and creative story
- ensuring the quality of work produced meets our standards as well as our client expectations, and when the team and client need to push further
- building and harnessing strong client relationships, looking to grow the client relationships and looking for new opportunities
- demonstrating commercial awareness, smartly balancing the best creative
outcomes and your personal growth with the commercial realities at any given time
- mentoring Designers and Senior Designers on projects
- working with those you review by helping them establish and realize their goals and ambitions
- contribute to the recruitment of Designers and Senior Designers
- attending, participating and helping set the agenda for design community meetings
- bringing a strong creative point of view to Wolff Olins culture and rituals
- taking part and lead Wolff Olins initiatives with outside partners
You have a multi-disciplined approach to design with strong knowledge of visual, interactive and motion design.
You have experience of working within the branding industry managing the creative strategy and general design direction of client work.
- Explore the world - You should analyse information, ask probing questions and have a passion for finding solutions. You understand the logic behind arguments and ensure you have established all the relevant facts behind them.
- Push the boundaries - always seek to push the work further, having the ability to understand the core issue and trust your judgement. You enjoy learning at pace and often on the job. You take the initiative to gain further sight from multiple mediums.
- Guide the team - you are a good listener, and will take the time to listen and understand your team’s motivations, viewpoints and differences. You ensure everyone in the team is involved in the final decision.
- Show resilience - you are confident in your capabilities and remain calm when working under pressure or with senior stakeholders. You lean into resolving any team or client conflict showing empathy but putting the work at the heart of what we do.
- Deliver with intent - You think beyond your own delivery, taking active responsibility for the team, ensuring they understand how work should be organized and commitments are met. You enjoy being busy and can prioritise and deliver on multiple projects