Senior Strategist - 6 month contract
We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, challenging what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to push business, people and the world forward. Our strategy community works with ambitious organisations at inflection points, helping them to define a future path and make a bigger impact commercially, creatively and culturally.
We are looking for a Senior Strategist to join our team for a 3-6 month FTC. Your role will be as the strategic driver of some of our key client projects across a wide variety of different sectors. You’ll work with a Strategy Director on key client programmes, leading the strategic content and being responsible for helping to shape the strategic insights, thinking and delivering client recommendations.
We expect our Senior Strategists to drive the work by having a competent grasp of brand strategy (purpose, proposition, positioning, personality, naming and architecture), solving complex problems, interacting and presenting to clients and taking responsibility for the detail on projects. You should be consistently proactive, accountable, responsive and can creatively adapt to different situations.
You are responsible for:
- Conceiving, planning and managing key dimensions of our client projects
- Working across 1 to 3 projects – helping to drive and shape the strategic content and interacting with clients
- Leading aspects of new business pitches
- Bringing to bear the best of your experience so far. Plus an expectation that you’ll stay at the forefront of trying new ideas, methodologies and ways of working on your projects
- Helping clients make change – learning about and putting into practice skills such as creating meaningful brand-led customer and employee experiences to drive real change
- Playing an active role in our vibrant Strategy community, sharing your experiences and helping us continually develop innovative tools and approaches to our work
- Being aware of the financial management of a project, so that you can effectively manage engagements from a commercial point of view, working in sync with the programme managers on your jobs
- Building your leadership skills, so that you can mentor and guide those less senior than you in your teams
- Acting as an ambassador for Wolff Olins, both internally and externally
- Have competence in the key aspects of brand strategy (purpose, proposition, positioning, personality, naming and architecture)
- Have built up a body of strategic insight and experience in working across different sectors with different clients. Alternatively, you may be an entrepreneur in a fast-growth start-up or helping with the growth of an existing business.
- You will have a wide range of skills including managing clients, writing clearly and succinctly, presenting in compelling ways and helping clients see your visions / ideas in inspiring and powerful ways
- Be an effective communicator—in writing or person, you should be persuasive and articulate. You enjoy presenting and can clearly express your point of view. You listen to others and feel comfortable challenging convention with conviction
- Build long-lasting relationships—you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with your team and clients, with an interest in beyond transactional interactions to bringing everyone on the journey with you
- Show resilience—you should have the confidence to give clients the confidence to change. You work well under pressure and feel comfortable speaking and answering questions in a variety of settings and audiences. You are comfortable with ambiguity and disparate inputs and viewpoints
- Enjoy exploring the world—you should be in tune with the world at-large, with many subject interests. You seek to explore facts and dynamics, asking probing questions. You understand the logic behind arguments and seek solutions to problems and want to deliver impact
- Create innovative ideas—you enjoy studying the underlying forces at play and applying principles to create concepts. You should be inventive, imaginative, determined to discover or create news ideas and solutions for our clients
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.