Senior Account Manager
We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, pushing what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. Our Programme Management Community builds genuine relationships with our clients aligning, their ambition with our teams. We are a team focussed on delivering excellence for our clients and their project, and always with one eye on the future to make the impossible seem effortlessly possible every day.
Our Senior Programme Managers focus is on shaping the programme to achieve the impossible. Working across two-three projects with the programme client lead or principal in another community who will own the overall client relationship, you will shape a mixture of individual workstreams and overall client programmes.
While providing Programme planning and direction, you ensure that you are still able to deliver the fundamentals of financial administration and project and team coordination while beginning to provide an active contribution to new business and fostering the client relationship to provide further work.
You are responsible for:
Programme planning and management
- Writing complex programmes of work (multiple workstreams, stakeholders and engagement groups)
- Continuing to manage client communication best practice throughout delivery from generating to maintaining time plans, to sharing meeting agendas and writing and following up with meeting notes
- Convincing the client and teams on changes that may need to be made on the programme
- Presenting ‘how we work together’ and the programme of work, as well as managing the agenda for working sessions
- Stating to build a point of view and shape the content of the work being developed
- Embracing client feedback and being a positive voice within the team maintaining morale and motivation
- Running projects from briefing through to delivery
- Managing resourcing needs each week, keeping it up to date and ensuring the relevant parties are informed
- Being on point as main day-to-day contact across delivery
- Managing multiple work streams and client programmes on track
- Providing support to Senior Programme Director on larger pillar projects
- Supporting the team across communities to deliver the work
- Checking the quality of the work before it goes out
Client relationship building
- Focusing on Senior Brand Managers
- Spotting and acting on new business opportunities
- Working with project leads to form programme farming plan for the year to work towards
- Extending or going deeper into existing business areas
- Demonstrating financial administrative excellence on projects this includes reviewing teams timesheets, expenses, managing POs, billing schedules, checking invoices, chasing payment, financial tracking and profitability and revenue recognition
- Anticipating financial issues and shaping solutions together with client leads
- Starting to negotiate tricky financial conversations with clients and procurement, with the support of a client lead
- Managing and Inputting into contract negotiations
New business contribution
- When available, managing small to medium size pitches with a principal or more senior PGM
- Keeping client creds up to date
PGM and the wider Wolff Olins community
- Being a present and active member in the PGM and wider Wolff Olins community including:
- have experience in managing small scale brand transformations
- be confident in running small to mid-sized client relationships
- have a clear understanding of branding and their role in businesses and wider society
- comfortable presenting to clients (on and offline)
- flexible in how they work, taking a tailored approach to different client needs and team
- Be investigative- You get to the heart of the issue making the connections between our clients, the work and our teams. You are practically minded, you learn by experience and place a high emphasis on the common sense approach You are continually identifying ways to improve systems and processes.
- Build long-lasting relationships - you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with clients and your team. You should have relentless, infectious positive energy, which others feed on.
- Create Impact - in person or in writing; you should be persuasive and articulate. You clearly express your point of view and support others in developing and articulating theirs. You should be confident when challenging your team and looking to negotiate the best deal.
- Be flexible- You are an optimist, who readily accepts new challenges. You cope well with uncertainty and take little time to recover from setbacks. You thrive on feedback and encourage others to critique your work with an aim to push it further.
- Deliver with intent- You are organised in your approach to work on multiple tasks, you are principled in upholding standards, confidentiality, and ensuring the business behaves ethically. You enjoy working at a fast pace and enjoy being busy You enjoy being busy and can prioritise and deliver on multiple projects.
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.