Our Operations Community looks to support our people in creating transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. Our business never stands still, we believe that our commercial activities shouldn't either. We strive for continuous improvement of our tools and processes to support growth while retaining the quality of the work and our talent and culture.
Resourcing is the lynchpin in the delivery of our client work, and effective staffing is key to fulfilling the desires of the team, it’s members and ultimately our clients. When managed well, we can connect the dots and see opportunities for building strong alliances, resourcing projects and the efficient and rewarding management of our peoples’ time.
As the Resource Manager you will be the on-site contact for resourcing in our New York office as well as supporting our San Francisco office from afar. Your focus will be on assisting our Global Resource Director (based in London) in arranging, managing and optimizing resource use in the US studios for the fulfillment of project requirements.
You will need to develop a close relationship with both the Global Resource Director and everyone in the New York and San Francisco offices to ensure adherence to deadlines and budgets and suitability of resources allocated. Doing this effectively allows us to achieve a balance of meeting the needs of the client, the business and our people.
You are responsible for:
Staffing & Resourcing
- Having full understanding of existing client needs, organic client growth, the new business pipeline and internal project requirements
- Supporting the Global Resource Director in the staffing and resourcing of project teams for all client, new business and internal projects by leading discussions and ensuring all systems and tracking mechanisms are kept up to date
- Working closely with the community heads and new business team with staffing and resourcing issues, pre-empting and as they arise. Arranging and communicating efficient and effective resource plans, ensuring the Global Resource Director is kept abreast of changes
- Working with the engagement community and community managers to ensure systems, practices and procedures are kept up to date and maintained. Including where appropriate, entering and upkeeping data on our scheduling platform (Projector)
- Leading the weekly resource planning meeting
- Developing strong relationships with current and expanding future freelance talent pool, including where appropriate, liasing with external suppliers.
- Managing freelancers from on-boarding to end of assignment, including ensuring all processes are followed, working with HR to fulfill relevant admin i.e. timesheets submission.
- Work closely with the HR team to keep the Global Resource Director abreast of the status of recruitment campaigns and employee New start dates
- Supporting our belief that time-out allows our people to be at their best, by encouraging our people to take their holiday entitlement, and prevent clumping in certain points of the year
- Providing key resourcing metrics to the Global Resourcing Director when required
- Ensuring resources for client projects are managed with visibility and consideration of the client profitability report
- Ensuring freelancer trackers are kept up to date
- Assisting finance with ad-hoc data requests
- Have at least 8 years relative experience within a creative industry agency operations role (eg. production, studio, project or resource management)
- Have a strong understanding of operational tasks and roles
- Be assertive and have empathy with all levels of staff
- Be meticulous and detail oriented
- Be independent with the ability to make decisions using own initiative
- Have excellent personal time management and communication skills
- Be calm under pressure - troubleshooting, mediating and resolving conflicts
- Be structured - you should be organized in your approach to work on multiple tasks; you are principled in upholding standards, confidentiality, and ensuring the business behaves ethically. You enjoy working at a fast pace and enjoy being busy.
- Be supportive - you are a good listener, you are empathic and have an interest in understanding why people do things. You are team orientated and considerate of others, ensuring that others viewpoints are taken into consideration.
- Explore the facts- you like to get the bottom of the issue, understanding the logic behind arguments and you ask probing questions, seeking solutions.
- Be practical - you embrace learning new systems and sharing these with others, you place emphasis on a common-sense approach. You provide insight and act upon your intuition of how to make processes and systems as painless as possible.
- Be proactive - seek ways to solve issues and present solutions, do not wait to be told what to do but use experience and knowledge to pre-empt problems that may arise and offer resolutions to your teams
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.