Our design community helps create transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. We believe brands can transform how we think and live – creatively, culturally and commercially. We’re not interested in superficial or incremental change. We make things different to make a difference.
As a leader and a creative mind, you’ll be expected to collaborate closely with the Senior Creative Directors, bringing exceptional creative ideas to life with the wider team. You will be a natural at thinking big, pushing craft and innovating with technology to ensure our work is delivered to the highest standard.
We expect our Creative Directors to direct the project/team by cutting through complexity, identifying opportunities for growth and helping others seize them. They understand what good looks like and push the work to uphold and improve our standards. They play a pivotal role in advocating for our clients, our business, our teams and our people.
You are responsible for:
- understanding our clients business to ensure work answers the brief
- identify and realise new opportunities for our clients
- leading the design elements on a strategic pitch or supporting senior creative directors or ECD on larger more complex pitch
- being a storyteller, exciting, compelling and inspiring those around you whether that be clients or colleagues to invest in their work and Wolff Olins
- developing practices and processes to harness new ways of thinking
- understanding what good looks like, and holding the team to account and supporting them to achieve the Wolff Olins standards
- attending and participating in rituals such as crit days
- establishing strong relationships with senior clients to encourage business growth
- having a good understanding of the commercial health of the business
- encouraging good commercial habits within the design community
- working with resourcing on the selection on the design team for your projects
- partnering with strategy challenging their work to push it further forward
- mentoring more junior community members on projects
- working with those you review help them establish and realise their goals and ambitions
- leading the recruitment of designer and senior designers in the community
- playing an active role in the retention and engagement of the design community
- attending, participating and helping set the agenda for design community meetings
- bringing a strong creative point of view to Wolff Olins culture and rituals.
You will be able to demonstrate your versatility and ability to work and lead a team across a range of touchpoints be it print, motion, online or physical spaces.
- Explore the world- You should analyse information, ask probing questions and having a passion for finding solutions. You understand the logic behind arguments and ensure you have established all the relevant facts behind them.
- Push boundaries- You always seek to push the work further, having the ability to understand the core issue and trust your judgement. You enjoy learning new things at pace and often on the job. You take the initiative to gain further sight from multiple mediums.
- Show resilience - you are confident in your capabilities and remain calm when working under pressure or with senior stakeholders. You lean in to resolving any team or client’s conflicts by being empathetic but putting the work at heart of what we so.
- Drive success- You make things happen and give the others the direction to start moving. You see your role beyond the task at hand to seeking the next opportunity. You are ambitious for yourself, your team, the client and the business and place pride on delivering outstanding results persevering through difficult challenges.
- Lead from within – You take control of the work, empowering, motivating and encouraging others to take ownership in delivering the best work of their lives. You are willing to take responsibility for decisions and supporting other leaders in decisions they have made.
What you get:
- Freedom and autonomy - we give our people latitude to be themselves and operate in ways they feel work best for their clients, their teams and the business. We’re always looking for the optimal way to help people operate, and teams be amazing. We won’t box you in.
- Influence and impact - we work with the most senior and influential leaders operating at a level with significant authority to make big change happen. Our people can directly influence these leaders and the impact they make in the world.
- Reputation and network - we help build high profile reputations for our people and set our people up for ongoing future success. Our alumni have gone on to become award-winning novelists, senior clients at some of the most respected brands in the world or gone to set up their own businesses areas as broad as tourism and fashion.
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward. We are happy to discuss flexible working