Business Development Executive
We are Wolff Olins, a global agency creating transformative brands that move organizations, people and the world forward.
For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering strategy, design and change to help advance organizations in moments of inflection. From imagining the new to re-imagining the established, our superpower is energizing organizations around opportunity and finding the confidence to act.
We believe that brands have the power to move minds and improve our world. They connect people, ignite conversation and feed our imagination. As creative problem solvers, we tackle the most daring brand challenges to deliver meaningful commercial, creative and cultural impact.
Our partners range in industry and size, including AOL, GE, GrubHub, London 2012, McKinsey & Company, The Met, New York City, (RED), Spotify, Uber and more. Recently our work has been honored by D&AD, Cannes Lions, CLIO, Fast Company’s Innovation Award and the Webby Awards.
Wolff Olins doesn’t change the world, but we partner with ambitious leaders who do. Let’s see what we can accomplish, together.
We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, pushing what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. The New Business and Marketing community works together so that the world knows who we are, what we do, and to stimulate opportunities for the new business pipeline.
An exciting opportunity and a new role has been created in our New Business and Marketing team. We are looking for a Business Development Executive to help manage our network and outreach in order to drive new business and strengthen Wolff Olins’ profile as a thought-leader in the industry. You will enhance our pitching process, providing our teams with valuable documents, research and support. You will also help with our new business database, consistently updating it to make our network smarter.
We will be moving to a hybrid working model of 2-3 days a week in the office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out detailed research to effectively screen new clients/business opportunities
- Help collate sales material and put together for new business opportunities
- Work with internal teams to create case studies for potential new clients – in case they don’t understand assembled pitch teams
- Communicate with internal teams to ensure they are fully informed of the client brief and any relevant background research
- Book meetings and required rooms for pitch team conversations, preparation, and brainstorming
- Survey and research the market to identify opportunities across all practice areas
- Own our internal ‘ultimate bio’ proposition, ensuring that all client-facing staff is represented
- Update the stakeholder & client contact database, proactively ensuring high levels of useful information and accuracy
- Proactively research & track industry press, reports & articles to update our network
- You will be an organised and ‘hands on’ individual, able to juggle multiple tasks and coordinate internal teams against long and short deadlines
- Keen desire to build strong interpersonal relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
- A high degree of initiative, dynamism and persistence, striving to get to the best outcome
- Attention to detail and emphasis on high quality in all areas of work
- Reliable and high level of initiative with a ‘do what it takes’ attitude
- A flexible, collaborative approach
- A positive outlook and constructive approach to problems, tension or conflict
- Inventiveness, entrepreneurialism and commercial acumen
- Experience working in an events or relationship-building role and within a creative agency or environment would be preferred
- Able to efficiently gather, organise, manage and present information to the team in reports/platforms like Google Docs